Things to Do
Visit and climb to the top of the Hope Town Lighthouse – where the panoramic view is breathtaking. The Lighthouse is boat access only, so you will have to take your runabout to the lighthouse dock. You can also hop on one of the scheduled ferries (Ferry Schedule) and ask the captain if it would be possible for him to drop you to the lighthouse (you will have to wait for the next ferry to get a ride back). Another option would be to rent an electric paddle cruiser from Sundried T’s for a leisurely jaunt to the lighthouse. Click here to see a full 360 degree panoramic view from the top of the Elbow Reef Lighthouse.
Snorkeling – Take an excursion to one of the popular marine parks where you can enjoy a leisurely snorkel around the elk horn coral and abundance of sea life with Froggies Outisland Adventures. Or you can just snorkel right off the beach in town where the reef is about 20 yards off shore in some spots. No need to bring all of your heavy snorkel gear, it can be rented on the island from Froggies (phone: 242 3660431)
Scuba diving – Abaco is known for its spectacular diving spots. There are a number of marine parks and wrecks that are frequented. Two of the most popular spots are Mermaids Reef and Sandy Cay Reef. Froggies Outisland Adventures (phone:(242) 3660431) has daily excursions to either of the two places. You can arrange for a 1/2 day trip or for the enthusiast, there is also a full day trip available.
Sailing Charters – Rent a sailboat and explore the many deserted island we have nearby. Island hopping to the other settlements are also another way to explore the surrounding area. If you are not experienced with operating a sailboat, there is also the option of a captain for hire.
- Abaco Sailing Adventures – phone: (242) 3660722
- The Moorings – phone: 888 952 8420
- Florida Yacht Charters – phone: 242 3674853
- Cruise Abaco – phone: 242 5770148
- Abaco Multihull – phone: 242 3660552
Fishing Charters – Abaco is also known for its great game and deep sea fishing. There are a number of local fishing guides that can accommodate whatever type of fishing you prefer; whether it be bone fishing, reef fishing or deep sea fishing for tuna, mahi mahi etc. Here are the available fishing guides:
- Justin Russell – Local Boy Fishing Charters – phone: 242 3660528 (deep sea fishing)
- Ira Key – A Salt Weapon – phone: 242 3660245 (deep sea fishing)
- Robert Lowe – Seagull Charters – phone: 242 3660266 – (deep sea fishing)
- Michael Schreiner – Down Deep Fishing Charters – phone: 242 3663143
- Truman Major – Lucky Strike Charters – phone: 242 3660101 (deep sea or reef fishing)
- Maitland Lowe – Wild Pigeon Charters – phone: 242 3660234 (bonefish and reef fishing)
- Tom Albury – Ondafly Charters – phone: 242-366-3141 – (bonefishing and light tackle fishing)
Sunbathing / Swimming – on any number of secluded beaches that stretch from one end of the island to the next.
Surfing – At Garbanzo Break, Town Break or Hamburger Point located between Hope Town, Abaco Inn and Sea Spray. Surfboard can be rented from Sundried T’s in town. Phone them at (242) 3660616
Island hopping – With your own rental boat or if you don’t feel comfortable navigating the waters, Froggies Outisland Adventure has daily excursions to some if the surrounding islands. You can also travel on the regularly scheduled ferries between the islands. (Ferry Schedule)
Boat rentals – Captain your own runabout for beaching on different islands, fishing or island hopping.
- Island Marine – phone: 242 3660282 (US# 561 2494046)
- Seahorse Boat Rentals – phone: 242 3660023
- Cats Paw Rentals – phone: 242 3660380
- Blue Wave Boat Rentals – phone: 242 3673910
- Rich’s Boat Rentals – phone: 242 3672742
- Rainbow Boat Rentals – phone: 242 3674602
- Abaco Dorado Boat Rentals – phone: 242 3671035
By golf cart
- Island Cart Rentals – phone: 242 3660448
- Hope Town Cart Rentals – phone: 242 3660064
- T&N Cart Rentals – phone: 242 3660069
- Jr’s Cart Rentals – phone: 242 3660361
- Elbow Cay Carts – phone: 242 3660530
- Sundried T’s – phone: 242 3660616
- Abaco Eco – phone: 242 3660398
- Ondafly – phone: 242 3663141
- Wild Horses of Abaco – phone: 242 475-4573 – Visit the worlds most endangered breed of horse; The Wild horses of Abaco.
- Captian Plug’s Adventures – phone: 242 3660023 – Island Hopping, private adventures etc.
- Abaco Nature Tours – phone: 242 5770004 – Kayaking adventures, biking adventures, birdwatching and paddle tours.
- The Great Abaco Express – phone: 242 3670020 – Birdwatching, Blue Holes, Beaches, Museums, Boat building, Nature tours etc.
Explore the History of Elbow Cay – Tour the Wyannie Malone Historical Museum to learn more about the island and its colourful past. Visit and climb to the top of the Hope Town Lighthouse where the panoramic view is breathtaking. The Lighthouse is boat access only, so you will have to take your runabout to the lighthouse dock. You can also hop on one of the scheduled ferries (Ferry Schedule) and ask the captain if it would be possible for him to drop you to the lighthouse (you will have to wait for the next ferry to get a ride back). Another option would be to rent an electric paddle cruiser from Sundried T’s for a leisurely jaunt to the lighthouse.
Shopping – There are a number of shops to choose from on Elbow Cay and Hope Town. Each shop has its own island character and unique selection to choose from. They carry everything from surfboards to ladies handbags.
- Iggy Biggy – phone: 242 3660354
- Sundried T’s – phone: 242 3660616
- Da Crazy Crab – phone: 242 3660537
- El Mercado – phone: 242 3660053
- Hope Town Lodge Gift Store – phone: 242 3660095
- Ebbtide Gift Shop – phone: 242 3660088
- Sugar Shack Gift Store – phone: 242 3660788
- Abaco Inn Gift Store – phone: 242 3660133
- Hope Town Coffee House – phone: 242 3660760
Nightlife – Hope Town is known for its lively nightlife. There is usually music at a different restaurant almost every night…in season. You can always find a good time.
Live bands, game nights, Bahamian grill outs, Karaoke. Check on the “Calendar Of Events” to see what’s going on while you are in town.
Massage, Yoga and Spa Services – Have a relaxing massage, join a yoga class, have a facial or just have have a day at the Salon.
- Bodywork by Tania (Massage) 366-0091
- Back to Basics (Massage and Yoga) 366-0722
- Massage by Joli (Massage and Facials) 366-0440
- Chopping Block Hair Salon (Hair and Nails) 366-0052
- Visit Pete’s Pub and Gallery in Little Harbour
- Visit the Foundry at Little Harbour
- Visit Nippers Beach Bar and Grill on Guana Cay
- Visit the Wild Horses of Abaco on the Mainland
- Road trip to Hole in the Wall Lighthouse in Southern Abaco
- Golfing in Treasure Cay
- Bakers Bay Restaurant and Marina Village in Guana Cay
- Treasure Sands Beach Club in Treasure Cay
- The Man O War Cay Sailshop